Wednesday, July 10, 2013

How's that for fast e-mini scalping?

What started as a rather slow day, ended up on a much faster note. Very fast, in fact.

Today I had the fastest trade you can ever have. It did not last even a full second and I am not even talking about a 5-tick profit target here, the standard one for my scalping in the Dow Jones e-mini futures market (that's YM for the "pro" e-mini traders).

I am talking about 10 ticks. That's actually my original target. I always adjust it when in trade, usually to 5 ticks, sometimes to something bigger. If I am not sure whether the 5-tick target will be hit, I adjust it to 2-3 ticks. Even to 0, though very rarely.

That explains why I scored 10 ticks on this super-fast trade (the 4th one today, see the image of my last Twitter post with e-mini trading results.)

The last four trades were all quickies too. The slowest one was only 12 seconds in duration. Overall, not a bad day at all. Though it started as a boring one.